Each year Pantone names a color of the year. For this coming year, 2013, showcases the color Emerald. According to Pantone, the beauty of Emerald is described as “Lively, Radiant, and Lush. Emerald is a color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony.”
What do you picture when you hear about the color, “Emerald?”
Perhaps the Emerald City comes to mind. The rich green brilliance in the land of OZ, the Emerald City boasts a green glass landscape in the legendary fairy-tale Wizard of Oz. The sparkle of green mesmerized the travelers on their way to the see the great Wizard.
Emerald is the May birthstone; a jewel tone of natural green. The mood strikes energy and tradition with a canvas colored in green.
How to decorate like a pro?
- Use Emerald as a splash of color in another wise dull-looking room.
- Create a focal point in any living space by painting a single wall in Emerald green.
- Accessorize a living space with emerald in silks, glass, or pottery.
- Create a sophisticated look by adding shades of gray to blend side-by-side with Emerald.
- Invite spring in the air by complimenting the bold Emerald look with other shades of greens.
Want more of a traditional look?
Splash in shades of blue and white with a little mix of gray along with Emerald to create a focal point. Bounce the look into a traditional setting with this green counter base and blue-white wallpaper.
House Beautiful inspired some great ideas to use Emerald green in living spaces.
So how will you splash Emerald into your life in 2013?